The Lightning Artist Toolkit (Latk) provides a complete pipeline for hand-drawn volumetric animation
—a common exchange file format, and a set of plugins that integrate it into a wide range of XR projects. Readable in any popular 3D graphics application and ready to use in real-world production scenarios, Latk's goal is to make creation in 3D as expressive and intuitive as drawing in 2D.
A note about the name: early animators like Winsor McKay first created their work for a live audience in vaudeville halls—and they were billed as “lightning artists.”
You can use Latk files in:
Unity hardware support includes:
- SteamVR desktop (Vive, Index, WMR)
- Oculus desktop
- Android headsets (Quest, Mirage, Magic Leap)
- iOS / Android Phones (ARKit, ARCore, ARFoundation)
- Latk-video, web point cloud streaming.
- Mocap tools: KinectToPin, ManosOSC, Pinopticam.
- Quill importers: Processing, Unity, three.js, p5.js.
- TelidonP5, NAPLPS vector graphics in p5.js.
- Tilt Brush importers: Processing, Unity, three.js, p5.js.
Canada Council for the Arts
Eyebeam Art + Technology Center
York University VISTA